Old American Services is a limited liability company organized to provide management services and support to the Old American group of companies, which includes Old American County Mutual Fire Insurance Company (licensed in Texas) and Old American Indemnity Company (licensed in multiple states). The Old American insurance group has its offices in Dallas, Texas and specializes in nonstandard personal automobile insurance, which is primarily produced by Managing General Agents (MGAs).
- Entity management/corporate maintenance for offshore companies, including drafting and filing corporate charter documents and documentation for foreign qualifications and registrations in accordance with applicable law and company policies and practices.
- Drafting by-laws, resolutions, consents, and corporate maintenance documents, certificates and agreements.
- Maintenance of minute books, certificates, ledgers and transfer instruments.
- Support legal and business unit personnel, as needed (e.g. transactional; due diligence; audits; litigation responses).
- Manage, track and report status on current legal project logs; ensure all projects are on track for timely completion
- Digest and summarize business and legal documents.
- Prepare and organize documents for and assist in closing corporate and commercial transactions including agreements, certificates, checklists and other documents.
- Review reinsurance agreements and managing general agent agreements.
- Review and summarize vendor agreements.
- Gain thorough knowledge of company policies, practices and organization as related to areas of responsibility.
- Perform research; analyze results for decision-making and present synopsis.
- Support examinations by regulators for the onshore companies.
- Project tasks and project management responsibilities, as assigned from time-to-time.
Senior Corporate Paralegal Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a certified paralegal with a large law firm or corporate law department.
- Experience working with public company.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Paralegal certificate or degree required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in corporate entity formation and management, including familiarity with wide-range of applicable laws, including laws of Bermuda.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and analytical.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, be flexible, and be able to prioritize and complete projects effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products, entity management systems and database creation and maintenance.
- Reports in to EVP, General Counsel.
- Paralegal experience supporting international operations advantageous.
The company offers competitive pay, bonus potential, extraordinary 401k plan, and flexible work hours and above average medical benefits.Contact us about this position
Work Environment: Old American has a challenging, yet rewarding, workplace dedicated to ethics and service. Candidates should work well in a team-focused culture that embraces both analytics and creativity in obtaining optimum results.
Equal Opportunity Employment: The Old American group of companies is committed to equal employment opportunities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, citizenship, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. All personal information contained in the application will be kept confidential as required by law.
*After an initial interview all candidates are required to complete both an employee application and background check release forms.